What: Vert.x – polyglot asynchronous application framework for the JVM
Who: Kenyatta Clark
Where: Bethany Library *** new location ***
When: Tuesday, November 19th @11:30am
Register here: https://plus.google.com/106200088856041550077/posts/YCAngJkzDHc
Our speaker, +Kenyatta Clark is a mild mannered fellow with a love for technology. Kenyatta has lots of years of relevant real world experience. He works for MBO Partners in Edmond, OK and lives in Oklahoma City with his lovely wife and three children.
No OKCJUG meeting this week. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we were using scheduling software written in Java and the mutable calendars really bit us!
Pushing November’s meeting til next week.
What: Gradle – Groovy based build system
Who: Jason Lee
Where: NW Metro Library (near 122nd and MacArthur)
When: Tuesday, October 8th @11:30am
Register here: https://plus.google.com/events/cl3ad623rp7pgommniheuvq4e94
Sponsored by: Principal Technologies
Where: NW Library
When: 9/10 @11:30am
Who: Greg Bugaj
Title: Gentle Introduction to Information Retrieval and Classification
What: We are surrounded with large amounts of data everyday in various forms, and there are hidden gems that can be found with some know-how. I would like to introduce audience members to a number of different techniques and algorithms for solving such problems.
CompSource Oklahoma is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Java developer to join our team. This role will be part of a project to convert our legacy enterprise system to an off-the-Shelf, Web-based/J2EE system.
Location: Oklahoma City
Salary: $50,000 – $72,000
As a member of the conversion team, this position will work closely with our vendors, stakeholders, business analysts, developers and other team members to configure and customize the application in support of key business initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of two (2) years Java programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Experience with working with Guidewire Insurance suite and PL/SQL is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- To understand, articulate, and conform to core OOP principles.
- To understand, utilize, and leverage core Java architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to voice ideas and expertise during development process and concisely translate the requirements into program specifications.
- Excellent problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work well with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge.
Excellent benefit package includes paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays and health, dental and life insurance. EEO/AA Employer.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Christy_M@compsourceok.com