February 14, 2012
Monthly Meeting (register here)
- When: February 14, 11:30-12:40
- Where: Oklahoma City Coworking Collaborative (see Meeting location)
- Sponsor: ?
- Speaker: Jason Lee
- Topic: Contexts and Dependency Injection
- 11:30 am – Welcome Announcements
- 11:40 am – Main Presentation
- 12:40 pm – Wrap Up
Java EE has had dependency injection for quite some time now. The problem is that each system (e.g., EJB and JSF) have been left to specify and implement the feature on its own. This has led to multiple, not quite compatible implementations. Delivered as part of Java EE 6, CDI (JSR 299, Contexts and Dependency Injection) attempts to fix that by specifying IoC semantics that can be shared across subsystems (EJB, JSF, JPA, JAX-RS, etc). In addition to basic injection, CDI offers means of decoration and interception, as well as a light-weight pub-sub event system. In this presentation, we will hit the highlights of the major features of CDI, giving you concrete examples to get you going in your own applications.